Sunday, October 16, 2011

Doomsday Debacles: Introduction

What do the Large Hadron Collider, Halley's comet, Y2K, Heaven's Gate, and The Seekers all have in common? The for-mentioned subjects are doomsday prophecies, all of which contain some downright psychotic and impractical ideas and some grandiose acts to accompany those absurd convictions. In the up-and-coming posts I will be writing about the top ten failed doomsday apocalypses. I will be writing as a journalist in Guru Magazine, a debonair yet refined magazine with a wide variety of different topics and writing styles presented in a simplistic way, so that Average Joe's can easily comprehend the information. In fact Guru Magazine is the world's first “science lifestyle magazine” combining the informational content of science magazines with the fun and understandable aspect of lifestyle magazines. I plan to match Guru's writing style by being informative and creative but concise. I would also like to bring the artistic feature of the magazine into my blogs by incorporating pictures and color, although with my topic the color will be subtle.

1 comment:

  1. Allison: Your blog tells us everything we need to know about what you will write about, what your writing style will be, and how it will match the writing style of Guru Magazine.

    I look forward to reading future posts.

    ReplyDelete